Mexican president-elect Enrique Peña Nieto will be visiting Canada this week. Uncomfortable, but crucial, human-rights concerns must be at the centre of talks between him and Prime Minister Stephen Harper.These include inconvenient truths such as the following:“I heard a man scream many times. They kept asking him: ‘Where are the guns, where are the drugs?’ A bit later I heard: ‘Take him away and bring me the next one.’ I heard them open a door. They put a wet cloth over my face. It became difficult to breath. Then I felt a stream of water up my nose. I tried to get up but couldn’t because they held me down.”via When Ottawa meets Mexico, don’t forget the 60,000 victims – The Globe and Mail.
About The Author
September 9, 2012
November 30, 2012
January 2, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine