Mexico is being squeezed in a difficult global economic environment. In mid-2014 Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim said “Last year (growth) was low, I think that this year it will be relatively low too, but I think next year will be much better.” Expecting Mexico’s highly touted set of structural reforms to help attract a new wave of investment, Slim, the majority owner of Mexican telecom giant America Movil, said, “I hope that next year we will set the pace for growth for the next four years.”Unfortunately, falling oil prices and a difficult global economic environment have put a damper on expectations for Mexico’s economy. Mexico’s peso fell by 13.1 percent during the course of 2014.via How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?.
About The Author
November 20, 2012
February 7, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine