“There are still some bright spots out there, and believe it or not, one of the brightest is Mexico,” said Cramer.Industrial production south of the border is on the rise with Mexico growing GDP faster than the United States.And a particular hot spot has been the auto industry.“Mexico’s auto business is on fire thanks to a phenomenon that’s being called Near Sourcing.Because of rising wages in places like China, and rising transportation costs, it now makes sense for auto companies to build their factories in a place like Mexico, where wages are low and it’s easy to ship the cars they build to the U.S. via the rails,” Cramer explained.via Love Thy Neighbor – Cramer’s Mexico Play – Yahoo!7 Finance Australia.
About The Author
November 6, 2012
October 13, 2011
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine