We thought these were the good times for Mexico, but its economic growth has fallen short of expectations, with estimated 2013 growth at 1.3 percent. Why has Mexico performed so poorly? A number of recent studies point to the presence of a poor justice system as a major contributing factor. Weak rule of law in Mexico has inhibited investors, who struggle to understand bankruptcy proceedings and lack confidence in the court’s ability to impose punishments on delinquent borrowers.In order to pave the way for economic growth, Mexico must address four issues.via For Mexico, Economic Growth Hinges on Justice – Forbes.
About The Author
November 7, 2012
October 17, 2011
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine