Mexico, which has monopoly power over its oil production and sales, has the world’s highest level of energy security, according to a U.S. Chamber of Commerce study of the largest energy-consuming nations.The government-owned Petroleos Mexicanos ranks among the world’s largest oil companies while Mexico’s energy expenditures and carbon-dioxide emissions per person are relatively low, according to the study released today that reviews data for 25 nations from 1980 to 2010.“They are a very resource-rich country with very low energy use per person,” Karen Harbert, president of the Chamber’s Institute for 21st Century Energy, said today at a Washington news conference, noting Mexico may not hold the status in the future. “Oil production is going down in Mexico and their transportation use is going way up.”via Mexico Has World’s Highest Level of Energy Security – Bloomberg.
About The Author
February 20, 2012
September 29, 2012
April 17, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine