Mitt Romney called Latin America a “huge opportunity,” saying, “we have to focus on Latin America, its economy is a big as China’s.”If Latin Americans could vote, who would they pick? Latin America’s two largest countries, Brazil and Mexico, account for more than half of the combined GDP of all of Latin America. Obama came into office very popular among both Mexicans and Brazilians. His tough immigration policies have eroded his popularity in Mexico, where more Pew poll respondents answered “no” than “yes” to the question, “Should Obama be reelected?” He is still very popular in Brazil: 72 percent answered “yes” and 16 percent “no.”via Romney: Latin America ‘a huge opportunity’.
About The Author
February 7, 2013
April 4, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine