Mexico is in need of a major brand turnaround.In the U.S. and around the globe its image has been battered. Since 2005, Americans’ views of Mexico have declined steadily, reaching their lowest point since 1993 last year, according to Gallup polling. While neighboring Canada places first in terms of overall favorability, Mexico now ranks closest to Russia and Egypt.This brand erosion is undoubtedly a function of negative media coverage – out of a total of 200 countries, Mexico ranks 192nd in a recently published media perception index. That ranking puts Mexico in the company of war torn countries like Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria.via How Mexico Can Rescue Its Brand- Vianovo.
About The Author
October 8, 2011
November 1, 2011
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine