Mexico is in need of a major brand turnaround.In the U.S. and around the globe its image has been battered. Since 2005, Americans’ views of Mexico have declined steadily, reaching their lowest point since 1993 last year, according to Gallup polling. While neighboring Canada places first in terms of overall favorability, Mexico now ranks closest to Russia and Egypt.This brand erosion is undoubtedly a function of negative media coverage – out of a total of 200 countries, Mexico ranks 192nd in a recently published media perception index. That ranking puts Mexico in the company of war torn countries like Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria.via How Mexico Can Rescue Its Brand- Vianovo.
About The Author
BBC Mundo – Noticias – Carlos Fuentes habla sobre Peña Nieto, las drogas y el futuro de México
December 13, 2011
Mexico’s September Trade Deficit Wider Than Expected | Fox Business
October 26, 2011
Dozen Mexican cops detained over shooting on US embassy vehicle that injured 2 | Fox News
August 29, 2012
Asian investment boom seen in Latin America – BusinessWeek
April 19, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine