apart from the serious immigration issues brought on by a huge land border, Mexico’s proximity to the U.S. — as well as intertwined cultural heritage — offer serious investment opportunities for believers in free trade.Mexico is the only up-and-coming emerging market that has such close economic connection to the U.S. With a growing population of 108.6 million, Mexico sends 78.7% of its exports to America and gets 49.8% of its imports from here. The only other economy with such economic leverage to the U.S. is Canada, yet it is well-developed and has a completely different investment climate.via Mexico: Investors’ new China – MarketWatch.
About The Author
November 26, 2012
November 13, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine