The U.S. Treasury Department says it is levying financial sanctions against a Mexican businessman who allegedly launders money for the Zetas drug cartel.The department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control says in a statement Tuesday that it is acting against Filemon Garcia Ayala under the U.S. Kingpin Act. A listing bars U.S. citizens from having business transactions with the person and allows authorities to freeze their assets in the United States.via Mexico businessman on US kingpin list for allegedly laundering money for Zetas drug cartel – The Washington Post.
About The Author
June 23, 2013
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine