Mexicans are engaged in national soul searching over their country’s flawed justice system as newly freed Florence Cassez, earlier convicted of and sentenced for being part of a kidnapping ring, makes the celebrity circuit in her native France.Although Cassez received a hero’s welcome home Thursday, many people in Mexico used the same word to describe their reaction to her release: “Indignation.” Mexican authorities moved to make sure that whatever went amiss with the Cassez case doesn’t happen again.via Mexico engages in legal soul searching after Frenchwoman convicted of kidnapping is freed – The Washington Post.
About The Author
June 23, 2013
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine