As the Senate prepares for a vote on Monday evening that all but assures final passage of a sweeping immigration bill that provides legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants, critics were putting on a last-minute, all-out push to stop it.Republican senators opposed to the plan flooded the airwaves Sunday complaining about “fatal flaws” that remain in the bill. Conservative think tanks urged supporters to flood the Capitol switchboard with calls opposing the plan. And a group of 14 Republican senators sent a letter to Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., Monday morning complaining about his plan to limit amendments in order to pass the bill before the Senate leaves at the end of the week for a July 4 recess.“This is deeply, deeply disturbing,” the group wrote. “It is effectively shutting down the American people’s ability to be heard on this issue through their elected representatives.”via Last-minute wrangling on sweeping immigration bill.
About The Author
Obama administration to allow undocumented immigrants to fill out waivers in U.S. – Univision News Tumblr
January 6, 2012
November 27, 2011
January 31, 2013
July 30, 2014
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine