A new poll shows that Americans are pretty sympathetic when it comes to the influx of young illegal immigrants from Central America.More than two-thirds (69 percent) say these children should be treated with the protections of refugees rather than as illegal immigrants; 56 percent say their families are doing what they can to protect their children rather than taking advantage of Americans; and 70 percent say the children should be offered shelter and support, according to the Public Religion Research Institute poll. Just 26 percent of Americans say the children should be deported immediately.But even as Americans view these illegal immigrant children in this positive light, something else has happened: Their overall views of immigrants have taken a turn for the worse.via Sympathy for young illegal immigrants, suspicion for other immigrants – The Washington Post.
About The Author
June 24, 2013
January 21, 2012
Former Mexican official: Immigrants will become Mexico’s burden if US doesn’t take more | The Daily Caller
July 2, 2013
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine