“The weight of the Latino vote should open some eyes,” said Jaime Serra, a former Mexican trade minister who helped negotiate the North American Free Trade Agreement. Mr. Serra said the U.S. administration might have better luck selling the reform if it treated the issue as one of labor mobility that might help U.S. manufacturers.“We created mobility of capital and goods in North America with NAFTA. We haven’t done the same for labor,” he said.via Obama Win Praised in Latin America – WSJ.com.
About The Author
September 5, 2012
Mexico’s exports to the U.S. increased 18.1 percent in the first quarter of the year – Mexico | News | Travel | Culture | Economy
October 13, 2011
November 26, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine