The air is charged. Distant rumblings grow louder. President Obama is promising to do by executive order what Congress has not done: allow millions of illegal immigrants to remain in this country. And if media accounts forecasting the reaction to such a move are accurate, a political firestorm is heading our way, which could include another government shutdown and calls for impeachment hearings — this time from responsible quarters.Perhaps the president will act less precipitously than expected, disappointing immigration advocates and businesses that rely on immigrant labor, but averting a constitutional crisis. And were he to exercise prudence, millions of illegal immigrants would remain in this country anyway.via Solving Immigration: It Need Not Be So Difficult | RealClearPolitics.
About The Author
November 7, 2012
February 22, 2012
- The United States and Mexico: Building and Designing Things Together – Forbes
- Made in Mexico: An emerging auto giant powers past Canada – The Globe and Mail
- How to Boost Border Competitiveness? Just Ask the Folks There.
- How Will Mexico’s Economy Perform in 2015?
- It’s Time To Reset U.S.-Mexico Relations – John M. Ackerman – POLITICO Magazine